contents and recovery of Lip lift surgery
Table of contents:
The lip lift is one of Dr MOHAMMADIMOFRAD specialties. The techniques developed to make the lips of transwomen more feminine as part of their Facial Feminization Surgery are actually techniques that can also benefit aging women.
As our faces age, so do our lips. The oral region tends to droop and sag. Volume loss is only part of the explanation for this phenomenon, degradement of the structure of the skin and its supporting tissue is just as important.
Gender and aging of the lips
The male face typically has a long upper lip with little or no visibility of the upper teeth. The youthful female face is characterized by a shorter distance between the base of the nose and the upper lip with more visibility of the teeth. It is a typically feminine trait that also characterizes youth, as opposed to the upper lip drooping and covering up your teeth which characterizes the aging process.
Male lips and aging female lips
Youthful female lips
Lip Enhancement & Reshaping
In order to have youthful, sensual lips, we now know that shape is far more important than volume. Augmentation of the lips with a filler only addresses the volume problem. An increasing number of our patients are seeking beautification through reshaping. It also offers the distinct advantage of being a permanent solution.
The lip procedures we perform
DrMOHAMMADIMOFRAD performs the following lip reshaping procedures:
- Lip lift—Shortens the distance between the nose and upper lip, gives more teeth exposure and causes a subtle roll out of the upper lip (which means the red portion of the upper lip is more visible). Below you will find out all you need to know.
- Mid-facelift to lift the corners of the mouth—Resolving drooping outer corners of the mouth.
- Lipofilling of the lips—Fat transfer is an excellent way to permanently and naturally add volume to the lips.
- A lip lift can be performed in local anesthesia or in combination with other procedures in general anesthesia.
- After having made the design for the excision of the lip lift, the local anesthetic is injected.
- The lip is rolled up, so a larger vermillion area is visible.
- The resulting curvature increases lip projection.
- The upper teeth can be exposed to about 3 or 4 mm.
- The wound is closed in 2 layers.
- Pain or discomfort—The day of the procedure and the day after, the patient can experience some slight pain or discomfort which can be easily managed with the pain medication we will give you.
- Swelling—During the first week, the upper lip might give the impression of being far too short. You will see, however, that the lip will reach a normal length as the swelling that was caused by the surgery subsides.
- Scars—The scar under your nose will be red and elevated for a period of two to four months and become hardly noticeable once it has reached its full maturation, which will be after 12 – 18 months.